NSS-National Service Scheme
The National Service Scheme (NSS) is a Central Sector Scheme of Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports. The motto of National Service Scheme is NOT ME BUT YOU.
Aim of NSS
The NSS Unit at GIBS was formed with the sole aim to provide hands on experience to young students in delivering community service.
Objectives of NSS
The broad objectives of NSS are to enable students to:
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving process.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- Practice national integration and social harmony.
Code of Conduct for NSS Members
- All volunteers shall work under the guidance of a group leader nominated by the Programme Officer.
- They shall make themselves worthy of the confidence and cooperation of the group/community leadership.
- They shall scrupulously avoid entering into any controversial issues.
- They shall keep day-to-day record of their activities/experience in the enclosing pages of the diary and submit to the Programme Officer for guidance.
- It is obligatory on the part of every volunteer to wear the NSS BADGE while on work.
To Register Click Here
Glimpse of Event