Abhinay-The Dramatics Society of giBS
About the Society
Abhinay is the Dramatics Society of GIBS. At its core it encourages inquiry and critical thinking in students thus leading to their holistic development. Theatre allows them to grow naturally with freedom to enquire, explore and experiment. The motto of Abhinay-The Dramatics Society of giBS is The play is not in the words, it’s in you
Aim of the Society
The purpose of this society shall be the advancement of standards of excellence in the theatre. The society shall encourage students to attain a better mastery of the theatre arts. It is an attempt to bring out the artist in them and make them realize about their own potentials.
Objectives of the Society
- To make the student aware of the various social issues.
- To strengthen communication and interpersonal skills.
- To improvise language.
- To develop critical thinking
- Understanding characters, roles and the subtext of plays and musicals allows students to relate better to different situations, backgrounds, and cultures. It encourages them to show compassion and tolerance for others.
- Playing, practicing, and performing will develop the ability and skills to be able to focus the mind, the body, and the voice.
Code Of Conduct for Society Members
- For the purpose of effective functioning of the society, the records and registers are to be maintained at the institution level.
- Each member must undergo the Abhinay’s Orientation Programme.
- The Society must have its team of actors, script writer and director to participate in all Intra-College and Inter-College Competition.
- All members shall work under the guidance of a group leader nominated by the Faculty Coordinators.
- They shall make themselves worthy of the confidence and cooperation of the group/community leadership.
- They shall scrupulously avoid entering into any controversial issues.
- Students can be removed from the club if they do not attend majority of practices/events, if they are going against any of the values we have as a society , and if they are disruptive to the group.
Glimpse of Event