Heritage-The Cultural Society Of giBS
About the Club
“Heritage –The Cultural Society of GIBS” is a voluntary youth movement which promotes intangible aspects of Indian cultural heritage by promoting Indian classical music, classical dance, folk music, yoga, meditation, crafts and other aspects of Indian culture. The intention is to enrich the quality of formal education by increasing awareness about different aspects of Indian heritage and inspiring the young mind to imbibe the values embedded in it. The Society is in collaboration with SPICMACAY (The Society for the Promotion of Indian Classical Music And Culture Amongst Youth).
Heritage in collaboration with SPICMACAY
SPIC MACAY is an institution which aims at restoration and promotion of Indian culture and heritage. It aims at developing youth with the values and cultured embibed in them. It is a voluntary movement of the youth which seeks to conserve and promote an awareness of the rich and heterogeneous cultural tapestry amongst them. They reflect the spirit of ‘Nishkam Seva’ (service without expectation of rewards, selfless service).
Aim of the Club
Creation of Heritage happened with the sole aim to revive the true spirit of the ancient Indian and world heritage amongst the youth of India.
Objectives of the Club
- Cultural tapestry amongst the youth of our country through focus on classical arts
- Promote opportunities for everyone to experience culture, participate in educational programmes and develop their creative abilities.
- There is abundance of cultural talent in the college premises and the Cultural Society provides platform for those talents to flourish acquainted with cultural activities.
- Inculcating a spirit of service
Code Of Conduct for Club Members
- Each member must undergo the Heritage Orientation Programme.
- All members shall work under the guidance of a group leader nominated by the Faculty Coordinators.
- They shall make themselves worthy of the confidence and cooperation of the group/community leadership.
- They shall scrupulously avoid entering into any controversial issues.
- For the purpose of effective functioning of the society, the records and registers are to be maintained at the institution level.
- Students can be removed from the club if they do not attend majority of practices/events, if they are going against any of the values we have as a society , and if they are disruptive to the group.
- The Society must have its team to participate in all Intra-College and Inter-College Competition.