MUDRA- The Dance and Music Society of giBS
About the Society
Mudra represents the dance and music society of GIBS. This society is all about those who love to dance, sing, and play instruments. It provides a platform for students who are inclined towards extracurricular activities to prove their talent and it is a good platform for them to have their artistic exploration.
Aim of the Society
The aim of the society is to boost up the morale of students and to highlight the talent of dance, music and creativity. Through this society students get opportunities to participate in all the cultural activities of the college organized by this society and also in the intra-college and inter-college events. This society provides the ideal platform for every student in the college to develop essential life skills like confidence, discipline, teamwork, charisma, stage presence and creativity.
Objectives of the Society
- To help students retain and enhance their love for dance and music.
- To encourage participation in cultural events irrespective of the student’s degree of talent.
- To provide talented Dancers, Singers and Musicians the opportunity to practice via teaching through senior professional students to junior students.
- To provide an opportunity to become a better dancer, singer and musician through constant engagement and also through workshops conducted by professionals.
- To pick the best of performers and form an efficient college team to perform during various occasions within the college when required, and consequently improving quality of performances staged by the team in various inter-collegiate fests.
- To introduce forms of dance that has been left unexplored in the institution.
- To form a team that would introduce the basics of particular forms of dance to interested students.
- To create a relaxing and informal setting to experience dance and music.
Code of Conduct for Society Members
- All members shall work under the guidance of a group leader nominated by the Faculty Coordinators.
- They shall make themselves worthy of the confidence and cooperation of the group/community leadership.
- They shall scrupulously avoid entering into any controversial issues.
- They shall keep day-to-day record of their activities/experience
- Students can be removed from the society if they do not attend majority of practices/events, if there are going against any of the values we have as a society, and if they are disruptive to the group.
To Register Click Here
Glimpse of Event