ABOUT THE PROGRAMME BBA-LLB
BBA-LLB conducted at Gitarattan is Five Year integrated undergraduate programmes designed for 10+2 pass aspirants to acquire legal degree and become law professionals. BBA-LLB has eight papers of management and the programme comprises of total ten semesters (two in each academic year) each of 15 weeks duration. On completion of the course, the students can register themselves with Bar Council of India and practice as lawyers or join legal/judicial services.
- To impart in-depth knowledge of various dimensions of legal education and core issues of management.
- To enhance conceptual and analytical abilities to appreciate legal issues embedded in situations and cases.
- To stimulate the thinking process and generate inquisitiveness.
- To develop soft skills and to ensure holistic personality development.
- Capacity building of students in the chosen areas of management and law.
- Practical training, intensive speaking and writing excises, is amalgamated with academic inputs.
- Moot Court practices, court visits, exposure to experts from the field and summer internship built with the delivery system.
- Soft skill and personality development modules are integrated with curriculum
- Excellent mix of cultural and inter-college events.
APPROVAL & AFFILIATION
The five-year BBA-LLB programmes conducted at Gitarattan International Business School is approved by Bar Council of India (BCI). The norms and standards, as laid down by the BCI for the quality, viz infrastructure, faculty and library etc; are followed by the Institute. The Directorate of Higher Education (DHE), Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD) has granted “No Objection Certificate” for conducting BBA-LLB at the Institute. For the award of degree, the Institute is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi.
INTAKE & RESERVATION
The approved intake for BBA-LLB is 60 students. The reservation policy of Govt of NCT of Delhi is applied for allocation of seats to various categories. The reservation policy stipulates 10% seats for “Management Quota”. Out of the remaining 90%, 85% seats are reserved for Delhi candidates and 15% for outside Delhi candidates. Further reservation for specific categories is as per the guidelines of Government of NCT of Delhi.
Pass in 12th class of 10+2 of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and must also have passed English (core or elective or functional) as a subject.
Aggregate of 50% marks in the 12th class for the purpose of eligibility will be taken as the aggregate of best four subjects including English and compulsory subject(s), if any.
The admissions are carried out strictly on merit basis through a Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. For general and reserved categories, the University conducts central counseling for all the colleges affiliated with it for 90% seats except for management quota seats. Students are required to choose the college/institute during the counseling. For application forms the students are to respond to the advertisement by the University or its website www.ipu.ac.in. The Institute conducts admission for 10% management quota seats as per the guidelines by Government of NCT of Delhi.
EXAMINATION & EVALUATION
Institute follows the curriculum as laid down by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The examination and evaluation is carried out according to the scheme laid down by the University. Every paper is of 100 marks. In every paper for 75% weightage, the evaluation is done through Term End Examination conducted by the University; and for 25% weightage evaluation is carried out through internal/continuous evaluation by the respective faculty within the institute. The degree of BBA-LLB to successful students is awarded by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi and is recognised by the UGC/BCI.
The Institute follows the fee structure as prescribed for the BBA-LLB programmes for this Institute by the State Fee Regulatory Committee. Fee structure for 2017-18 comprises of the following elements:
|Academic Fee||Rs 74,500 per year|
|University Fee||Rs 12,000.00 per year|
|Student Activity Fee||Rs 1,000.00 per year|
|Security Deposit (Refundable)||Rs 5,000.00 (once at the time of admission)|
The fees for the course may be revised upon recommendation from State Fee Regulatory Committee and same will be notified.
The fee is payable once in a year for the entire academic year in the beginning of the academic session. Part of the first year fee is collected by the GGSIP University and balance of the first year fee is collected by the Institute. In subsequent years the Institute collects the fee and the fee so collected is not refundable. For students admitted under “Management Quota” category, fee is the same as prescribed by the State Fee Regulatory Committee and mentioned above.
The refund rules are governed by norms as lay down by the UGC/University.